Monday, January 30, 2012

“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.” - Mark Twain

Mark Twain's words are so true and they are why one of my favorite things to do is TRAVEL. I'm a better person because of traveling. A more open-minded, respectful, appreciative person and it's just plan fun too. :)  I've been extremely blessed to have had so many opportunities to travel. I love every place I've been but here are some of my favorite locales (so far):

LUGANO AND LUCERNE, SWITZERLAND
Peaceful. That's Switzlerand in one word. Looking up at the majesty of the Swiss Alps. Staring across a pristine blue lake. Walking through a village and seeing everyone greet each other and enjoy each other's company. Everyone and everything is at peace and you can't help but feel that way too.






"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page. " - St. Augustine


GERMANY
This country as a whole is truly beautiful. From the towering Cologne Cathedral, to the Rhine River, across the beautiful bridge of Heidelberg, through the historic and charmiung village of Rothenburg, to the fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle. ( Big girly SQUEEAAALLL). It's a beautiful journey.






"The journey not the arrival matters." - T.S. Eliot 


JACKSON HOLE, WYOMING (Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Park)
I'm not sure I've ever been somewhere so beautiful and that's saying a lot. You feel alive here because everywhere you see the beauty of creation. God truly designed a masterpiece when he designed this place.





"We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open." - Jawaharial Nehru


SOUTH AFRICA
I'm lucky to say that I have some very dear friends that are from SA and live there again now. So SA holds a special place in my heart because of them. However visiting there literally changed my life. At least my perspective. I don't have words to explain it. This is definitely a time where pictures speak 1,000 words.





"To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries." - Aldous Huxley


ITALY
I love everything about Italy. The cities, the landscape, the food, the music, the people. The list goes on. I even designed my wedding around Carnival of Venice. The richness that is the Italian culture and the history that lies in every nook and cranny of every locale is almost too much for the senses. I could spend years walking around and discover something incredible and new every second. My dream is to move to Italy one day...even if I only live there for a month or two. Hopefully that dream will come true some day. Until then...I'll visit. :)





"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things." - Henry Miller

I've been to a total of 160 towns/cities in 12 countries. Everywhere I've traveled has been amazing and taught me something more about myself, others, and the world in general. I wouldn't be who I am today without the places I've been. I encourage you to go and see as many places as you possible can.



The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way,
Where many paths and errands meet.
- J.R.R. Tolkien





















    No comments:

    Post a Comment