Wednesday, November 30, 2011

For my fellow Twilight fans

I'm a huge TWILIGHT fan. I don't call myself a Twi-Hard because well....some of them scare me. I am a Twilighter though because I LOVE the story and the characters. It makes me happy. With that being said Breaking Dawn was not my favorite of the four books. I think a lot of it had to do with the birth scene which FREAKED ME OUT! I'm a bit scared about the whole pregnancy thing anyway so reading about the baby trying to rip itself out was a bit too much. Also, I didn't expect the story to go that route. However I was excited about the movie, as always, and I must say after seeing the movie (twice) Breaking Dawn: Part 1 is my favorite movie out of the four.

*********SPOILER ALERT***********
If you have not seen the movie and don't want to be spoiled than STOP READING!

Here's some of my favorite scenes:

The kiss at the wedding
 - I loved how this scene hearkened back to the first Twilight movie when Edward & Bella attended her high school prom. The rotating camera around them while a new version of Iron & Wine's Flightless Bird, American Mouth played softly. The empty seats depicting how E&B feel as if the world has disappeared and it's just them. Beautiful!!

The morning after
- So many people were looking forward to the honeymoon scene. If I said I wasn't I would be lying. However, I'm so thankful of how it was done. I didn't want to see it all because to be honest that would have taken away the romance. We see most of the experience through Bella's memories the morning after which I think was brilliant. Well done Bill Condon.

Jacob and the Wolfpack talking as wolves
- Okay Okay....I know I know....most people think this scene was done poorly and was just awkward. I don't think so. In the book Jacob explains that when all the wolves are communicating it is confusing and a lot to take in because they can all hear every thought that the other has. That experience was conveyed perfectly in the film. Plus Jacob finally accepting his birth right as the chief's grandson and Alpha was an airboxing moment. That's saying something too because I'm not a Jacob fan.

Bella learning that she will die and the bath scene
- Breaking Dawn may not be nominated for any Oscars however I think whoever did the CGI to make Kristen Stewart look so emaciated deserves at least a nomination. It was hard to look at her at times. Especially during these two scenes. Also the soundtrack choice at this point in the movie is amazing. "Cold" has easily become one of my favorite songs on the soundtrack. The melody perfectly captures the emotions of the scene and lyrics describe things perfectly:

Crimson and bare as I stand
Yours completely,
Yours as we go over
Sing for the lion and lamb
Their hearts are haunting
Still hunts hope ever and ever
Ever
Edward trying to save Bella
- Edward fighting desperately for Bella's life is just heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. The way he begs her to come back to him and then him biting her in order to ensure enough venom gets into her system so that she will transform. That scene could have been so weird however Robert plays it with such desperation that you just feel for him. For me I thought "I would do everything I could possibly do too if it meant saving the one I love".

Everyone realizing that Jacob imprinted
- The imprinting scene was done really really well. Much better than I ever anticipated since it's such an odd and can be creepy concept. However, the scene I enjoyed more was when Edward and the wolf pack realize that Jacob has imprinted. I absolutely love the line when Edward says "Whoever a wolf imprints on can't be harmed. It's their one absolute law." And Sam backing away at that point. I don't know why but it gave me goosebumps for some reason.

Bella's transformation
- I honestly don't think this scene could have been done any better. The music by Carter Burwell, including the incorporation of Bella's Lullaby from the first movie, is stunning. Watching as the venom starts to heal Bella's body and bring her back to "life". Showing Rosalie and Alice taking care of her body as she transforms. Seeing Bella remember the past two years and then seeing her open her blood red eyes. Again...couldn't have been done better.

Other Notable favorites:
  • The band at the reception plays "My Love" by Sia (played in Eclipse when Edward proposes to Bella) and All Yours (theme from Eclipse).
  • The chess board that looked like the board on the cover of Breaking Dawn
  • Rosalie & Jacob's reaction to Bella's baby names. I loved that they mad fun.
 Can't wait for Part II.

No comments:

Post a Comment