Saturday, October 15, 2011

My very favorite "thing" (Anniversary edition)

Okay, so I've been told that I need to start my blog with a bang.....some pizzaz.....a ta da even. Well, I can't start talking about my favorite things without giving my favorite person his due....especially since we just celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary yesterday. We've been together for 10 years. Adam is truly my favorite person and some of my favorite memories of our relationship are:

1) We met as tour guides at the university we both attended. The first words I ever heard out of Adam's mouth toward me were "Whoa, you look rough!". I was sick that day or I probably would have slugged him. I remember there was a very dirty look involved.

2) Our first date was to see the movie Joe Dirt (don't ask!). It just makes me laugh thinking about it.

3) Him proposing to me at a lovely Virginia winery on the Blue Ridge Parkway with my family there. It was perfect.

4) Our wedding (ROCKED!) and our honeymoon to Italy was magical. He even danced with me in St. Mark's Square in Venice at night with a violinist playing nearby. Cosi romantico!!

5) Experiencing our Rachael Ray experience together. (Adam.....when do I get to meet Robert Pattinson...huh?)

That's just a handful of memories. We've been through so much together and I love so many things about him. I can't wait for the next 5x10 years. Happy Anniversary babe.

Next post....."The List"

1 comment: